Dawn of a New Day: Eve of Peace

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Dawn of a New Day: Eve of Peace

Post  lurkerwisp on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:00 pm

"And by the grace of the gods it is true." Betcher raises his glass to Valdyr's toast.

Arlensul very delicately lifts the glass that had been placed for her and raises it toward her veil. Carefully she lifts the veil, and manages a sip with only the barest shadowed glimpse of her chin becomming visible. This done she leaves, clutching her holy symbol almost desperately.
lurkerwisp

Back to top Go down

Post  Temmon on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:04 pm

General Berrow raises his own glass, having acquired it some time back. "Aye. The people of all nations fought admirably and it was an honor to fight beside all of you." Having said that, he downs the glass.

Temmon

Back to top Go down

Post  BlightMoon on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Prince Dun grabs a glass of whatever the Primarch had, toasts, but drinks little and adds nothing to the toast.
BlightMoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggmund on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 pm

This is something the Sultan knows how to do.
"Of course! Well said, Lord Valdyr! A toast to our brave and valiant warriors, and in remembrance of those who did not return! It is always a grievous day when one's own does not return to him, but do not despair unduly, my friends! So great is my gratitude to you all for eliminating those Accursed barbarians from these lands that, why, I'll even waive the fee for all of damaged and destroyed belongings, even though I have lost my best among them! Such is my generosity, dear friends! To victory, and the Future!"
This great display of thanks thus solidifying the Sultan's place of alliance with all, he downs the glass of dark wine.

In the back, alone, but never forgotten, Malsoth seems to... sag, a little, at the Sultan's words. His Cyclopean vision droops a little.

Siggmund

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethar on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Upon hearing the Sultan's words, Valdyr's clawed hand clenches tightly, shattering his wine glass dramatically. Red wine and broken glass drip from his fist as he gives the Sultan a truly infernal glare. His voice drips with more anger than anyone has ever heard from him off the battlefield.

"... Belongings?"

There is a slight crinkle of glass from his hand, the only sound in the awkward silence following the toast.

Valdyr takes a very slow, very deep breath. His voice is still very near a growl as he speaks, very slowly:

"I... Am taking my leave now. If any of you wish to find me, I shall be with my troops. Where I should be."

He stands up, casually shakes the wine glass shards from his uninjured hand, and swiftly stalks out of the commander's tent. He heads toward the fires of the Lycan camp.

Leethar

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggmund on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:29 pm

The Sultan looks scared, and then perplexed. After Valdyr storms out, he turns to Alcuin.
"Now what was that all about? ... Too much wine? ... Not enough?", he whispers to his trusted adviser.

Alcuin merely shrugs."Perhaps it is merely their way, my Liege.", he responds.

The Sultan seems to accept this.

Siggmund

Back to top Go down

Post  lurkerwisp on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:31 pm

"On'y da untalkin's belongins." Mogaba says the words that Betcher would have loved to say.

"Excuse us. I need to attend to my commander." Is what he says instead, leaving the tent to follow Arlensul.

Mogaba lingers, his grin fading as Betcher moves away from him. "They ain't gon say it, but the offer ta make ya one o tha talkin type is still ther." he says quietly to Malsoth on his way out with his superiors.
lurkerwisp

Back to top Go down

Post  spiritsleeper on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 pm

Kalther stands, looking sad and his sandwich hanging half-eaten at his side. "I believe, Sultan, the issue is that in asserting their status below you, you demean their sacrifice in this war. They gave their lives not for your sake, but for their honor. You step on their honor with your words, Sultan. I cannot stay while you sully that honor. Good day, Sultan, I'll return for the next meeting, where I hope everything will be resolved satisfactorily." He walks out the door, taking another bite of the sandwich.

spiritsleeper

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzardman on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Hel stared at the Sultan, metal face reddening like a stove over a hot fire. She glanced at Malsoth, and then back at the Sultan. Her jaw set. She reached for her sword.

A strange whispering traced its way about the tent, like the sound of a flock of birds dive-bombing the crowd. Hel stumbled forward, clutching her forehead, her entire face reddening into an almost cherry color. The ends of her hair and joints of her jaw began steaming. She looked up.

The Primarch was glaring at her, eyefires blazing, casting strange shadows that warped and twisted around his huge metal form.

"... Valdyr had a good point. I am leaving this shitho--this... tent now. It was swell working with you, Malsoth, and I know it doesn't mean much, but I hope things go well for you, and that I'll see you again. You and yours can feel free to visit the Primarchy whenever you want; we'll keep a bunk saved for you."

And with that, Hel stormed out, casually flicking her wineglass behind her as she went.

Primarch sighed, sending a gush of steam out through his jawplate. "I, the Primarch, must apologize for the actions of my delegate, your majesty. Recent battles have not gone well for her, and I think she may have taken the losses rather personally. I promise you that her actions shall not be repeated. And, again, I, the Primarch, must thank you for your generosity.

"Unfortunately, your majesty, fellow delegates, I fear that it is also time for me to take my leave, as I have little... taste... for hors'de'vores. Goodnight, sirs and ladies. And goodnight, young prince Dun."

And with that, the Primarch bows his way out of the room, taking extra care to bow specifically to the Sultan, Malsoth, and the dwarven prince on his way out.

Last edited by wizzardman on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
wizzardman

Back to top Go down

Post  Temmon on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:55 pm

"I must take my leave now too. Farewell." Berrow bows to those still left and exits the tent slowly.

Temmon

Back to top Go down

Post  BlightMoon on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:04 pm

There is a brief but awkward silence before Dun gives the sultan a 'well, what do we do now?' look.

"Well, I appreciate your hospitality, Sultan. I guess I'll head out, seeing as how the meeting seems to be more or less over."

Dun sets down his mostly untouched wine and heads out with a bow.
BlightMoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggmund on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:25 pm

The Sultan is perplexed, dismayed, and even a little angry at how rude several of his guests were. The tent now empty, he leaves the rest of the victuals where they lay. As he leaves, Alcuin is by his side, quietly chatting with the sultan about how the Primarch is correct, tensions must be high after the end of the battle, and nothing really is meant.

Absorbed in themselves, they do not notice that Malsoth does not follow. Alone in the tent, he stands staring at the entrance. In a very slow, and deliberate, motion, he sits down on an available edge. His face is as flat and unreadable as ever, but he reaches up to feel his eyepatch with his remaining arm. As he lets it fall into his lap, a single, solitary point of moisture dribbles from his remaining eye, across his cheek.
"Now...even orks pity me...and...what I have become..."
The words slowly escape his mouth; Distilled truth.

After a moment, the tear is gone, evaporated. Malsoth stands up, and moves to follow his Master.

Siggmund

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggmund on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:28 pm

The next day, Professor Inquitego stands alone in an open field, waiting on the others. He is chewing on...something... probably food related. Before all others, he has decided to show up: being an elf, he had always enjoyed the unique advantage he gained by being awake four hours before anyone else.
He's flipping through his own personal tome, pausing in places. Fresh ink-marks scrawl across pages long unused, and his thin face bears an expression of strong concentration.

Siggmund

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzardman on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:47 pm

The Primarch lumbered across the field, his steps muffled by the thick, wet grass, leaving his normally obvious footsteps almost inaudible. A massive worn backpack clung to his back, dangling from his frame by thick, scaly straps, like the dried outside of a dragon, or massive lizard. A few thick iron bars stuck out from a few of the backpack's unpatched holes, or dangled from a rope tied around the Primarch's metal waist.

The Primarch marched up to the professor, stopping just behind Inquitego's back. "Good morning, Professor Inquitego," he said.

"If you do not mind my inquiry, sir, you seemed to indicate yesterday that certain previous problems could have been avoided, were it not for the overconfidence of some unnamed parties. I, the Primarch, was wondering if you were willing to elaborate on that, now that we are away from the 'constant fingerpointing' of the diplomatic gathering."
wizzardman

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggmund on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 pm

The Professor holds up one finger as the Primarch starts talking. A while later, he closes the tome, rubs his eyes a bit, and politely asks the Primarch to repeat what he said.

"Oh... That.". He exhales. "Don't bother yourself with it... It was just me having sand in my britches. It wasn't anything you folk are responsible for, anywho. Don't worry."

Siggmund

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzardman on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:18 pm

"If you are certain," the Primarch rumbled. "Though you did appear to be rather agitated about the issue, and the other delegations and I, the Primarch, hardly gave you enough time to adequately identify the problem. And, of course, while the Ork horde has been vanquished, any information you can provide about their tactics or capabilities may prove useful in the future. I am uncertain if Nova Island has truly seen the end of the Ork threat."

"Speaking of people that appear to have vanished... I would like to inquire: have you or any of the other refugees observed Professor Olliander's whereabouts of late? Lord Valdyr had informed me that she was freed during one of the raids on the Ork encampment, but apparently vanished immediately afterward."
wizzardman

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethar on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:30 pm

With a rather notable amount of stomping, the same red-furred green-eyed female werewolf that presided over Valdyr's ceremony comes storming up to the two delegates. Without any sort of politeness, or even recognizing that they are having a conversation, she speaks up in a rather loud tone of voice:

"Hey! Have either of you two seen Valdyr? I owe him an ass-kicking. That an he wants me to talk to a Solar or some crap like that, and yet here I can't find the runt. Either of you know where in the Hells I'm supposed to be? 'Cause I got a fist that has a date with his face if no one has anything for me to actually do way the hell out here."

Leethar

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggmund on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 pm

At the sight of the werewolf, The Professor seems to pick himself up. There's this stunned look on his face that, given the rough trip its had of late, is distinctly difficult to parse.

"Err... No, M'lady, I haven't seen him since last Night... Pray, who are you, may I ask?", he asks in an inquisitive, and sincerely interested, tone of voice.

Siggmund

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethar on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:38 pm

Yla looks at the mage quizzically for a moment, as if not expecting someone to answer quite like that.

"I'm Yla. Head Dottir of the Temple of Skaplyndi... Uhm, the head Priestess, by what most other people call it. Valdyr said something about me 'registering as good' or whatever, which is strange. It's not like I carry a card for it or something. Okay, then, right."

She looks at the Primarch.

"You're a biggun. I bet you guys are important."

Leethar

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggmund on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:42 pm

"ErrYes! Important! Quite important indeed! Phenomenally important..."
While Yla's attention is distracted with the Primarch's bulk, the Professor puts his hand over his mouth and nose. Those of sharp ears might detect a distinct "Huff...Sniff" sound...

Siggmund

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzardman on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:44 pm

The Primarch's eyefire's twinkled. His jaw twisted into its usual smile. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Yla. As is doubtlessly easy to ascertain, I am the Primarch, leader of the Primarchy. This is Professor Inquitego, currently the representative of the Thaumaturgist Society. And, while I, the Primarch, am unable to provide you with the location of Lord Valdyr, if you, Miss Yla, have been sent here to assist with "meeting" with the Solar, then by all means, you have arrived at the right place."
wizzardman

Back to top Go down

Post  Leethar on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:50 pm

"Huh. Well, I guess that's it then. I've never talked to a Solar before... Can't really say I'm looking forward to it... Still, though, it's not like we have much of an option, here. I mean, what the hell can I say to it? 'Please, mister big raging angel spare us poor fuzzies?' What's you guys' take on it?"

Leethar

Back to top Go down

Post  wizzardman on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:54 pm

"I am uncertain, actually. Something along the lines of requesting that the entity should 'cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to its place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension,' most likely. In more diplomatic terms, of course."
wizzardman

Back to top Go down

Post  Siggmund on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:54 pm

The professor holds himself with a confidence that was notedly absent last night.
"Well, as the duly appointed Extraplanar-Being Adviser for this particular expedition, I'd have to say that there's not that much to worry about. As long as we don't instigate hostilities, Corralling an Extraplanar Being is not as hard as most would lead you to believe. I'd give it about... maayybe half a minute, if we REALLY decide to get serious with this thing."
To emphasize the point, he taps his tome.

Siggmund

Back to top Go down

Post  lurkerwisp on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:56 pm

From across the field a very bright group can be seen approaching from the UNENS camp. When they come nearer it is clear that two Deathless archers flank a third, unrecognizable woman dressed completely in plain white robes and wearing a headscarf - with only a slit for her eyes.

"The governor will be here in some time. He presently speaks with the council." When she speaks, the cold voice is instantly recognizable as Arlensul.
lurkerwisp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next